Nighthider

What tools does everyone work with?

Hello. I was just getting what operating systems and other hacker tools everyone uses?  I’m a Kali Linux user, and SET (social engineering toolbox). I have found everything I need in Kali. If I don’t see it, I just add through repo. 

• Thanks 1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Nice resource link, thanks.

For me, mostly the utilities on Kali, which are general across other pentesting distros like ArchStrike (https://archstrike.org/ and Parrot (https://www.parrotsec.org/download.fx).

I also like to follow https://www.darknet.org.uk/category/hacking-tools/ for some good things.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=tD77
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Anyway someone can edit/delete the first post with the link to ashot.org to remove the " A bunch" from the href source? The second link is the one that works.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:09 PM, NetWarKing said:

Anyway someone can edit/delete the first post with the link to ashot.org to remove the " A bunch" from the href source? The second link is the one that works.

@NetWarKing I started a thread here about the issue of not being able to edit old posts. We'll see if that goes through. I guess for now, we'll just have to deal with it as is. :)

So since there are tons of tools out there, all for different situations, it can be hard to know what to use.

I did find this and found it to be helpful in that it also demonstrates a process: https://sparta.secforce.com/

The nice thing about it is that it no only automates things so you can be super lazy, but it also shows you a process of information gathering and different tools to use in common situations. It's a nice thing to check out and a good starting point I think in a hack.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2018 at 9:28 AM, Greg Madison said:

@NetWarKing I started a thread here about the issue of not being able to edit old posts. We'll see if that goes through. I guess for now, we'll just have to deal with it as is. :)

On 5/17/2018 at 12:09 PM, NetWarKing said:

On 3/18/2018 at 1:25 PM, Nighthider said:

https://www.ashot.org/links.php

This one works!

Updated the original post...thanks for pointing out the issue!
Sam

Fixed the edit issue, but edits can only be done within five minutes of posting to reduce trolling. I may extend this. 

Love the tools mentioned so far, this is great stuff. :) 

Depends on engagement for me, personally for daily driver/main use either some flavor of Debian or LuBuntu and Windows 10 disposable VM as needed, always have Tails boot USB as well. 

Love Kali, NetHunter (mobile ARM Kali port) on my nVidia Shield was beyond awesome, but not fully comfortable with level of elevated priv. required for my daily driver needs. I do love my Kali-PI army of ARM goodness (have about 10), I love taking them, modding with battery packs, 4G LTE cards and head shop stash cans (coffee, Wd40, false bottom boxes, etc). Last engagement took 14 days for all my boxes to get found, funny in office env. as most people won't look twice at coffee can stashed back in top shelf break room (minus obvious wires if they poked around but people tend not mess with gnarly looking coffee tins). :) 

I was so looking forward to last refresh of Wifi Pineapples, did not realize my custom boxes PI much more stable and useful in hindsight for my needs (battery unit, PI 3, Alfa Wifi capable of injection and base station mode) I know I should have gone Nano, went Tetra and it not fun so would love to see any else having issues, all mates with Nano's love them.

My final favorite piece of kit is just a simple Rasp-PI 3 running TOR/Proxy with own Alfa Wireless Net capable as portable Wired/Wireless Proxy, 4G, have seperate WIFI NIC as well can turn up if feeling frisky (SET, SSL Strip, etc), as such have portable anon hotspot/capable evil twin always with me. Think I may be allergic to many GUI's sometimes as could never get SSL Strip working proper on Tetra and the MAC Changer bug was beyond frustrating.