Johnny

3D designers needed

We need folks that have 3D design experience. We are looking for:

• Cool items to print at conferences to spark interest and conversation. Generally quick prints are best for giveaways but longer prints that spark deeper discussion are welcome as well.
  • Classes / Courses that can help us teach 3D design, especially with a focus on 3D printing projects.

Interested in helping? Please jump in here!

I've been interested in 3D printing for a couple years but I haven't tried designing my own models, I've always grabbed them off of thingiverse.com
I've had some cool ideas for prints like challenge coins, Kali dragon stencils, and electronics cases but never actually got on a computer and attempted to make one.

I would like to volunteer to help with this, that'll give me the drive to learn how to design and create my own models.

• Like 1

Hey! Thanks for the reply. So sorry about the delay. I've been fighting to get the rest of the site online.

The biggest need we have is to gather a list of resources on 3D Printing training that folks can try and add comments about. I know there are quite a few around, but we've never been through the courses. I would love to see courses that teach 3D design as well as 3D printing. I've spent some time on the Lynda.com courses, and they are good, but you must pay to access them. I'm not opposed to paid courses, but would like our list to make a note of paid vs free courses. 

Thanks again for chiming in!

Johnny

I'll take a look at courses. I'm all for finding the free version of stuff.

I've heard a lot about fusion 360, which is free. I want to try starting with that. I'll post back here with my progress.

Was there a timeline for getting that list of resources? (Seems like we both check back here irregularly)